Finally, in case all else escapes your mind, there are three incredibly helpful acronyms that can assist you in never running out of things to say on the fly. These are: HPM, SBR, and EDR. HPM stands for History (your personal experience with the topic), Philosophy (your opinion on the topic), and Metaphor (what the topic makes you think of). SBR stands for Specific (more detail on the topic), Broad (broader context of topic), and Related (related topics). EDR stands for Emotion (the emotions the topic evokes in the other person), Detail (more detail on the topic), and Restatements (restating the topic to prompt greater elaboration).
- Questions or comments regarding the podcast?
- Email the show at KingPodcast@NewtonMG.com or let us know what you think at http://bit.ly/pkcomment
- Better Small Talk: Talk to Anyone, Avoid Awkwardness, Generate Deep Conversations, and Make Real Friends By Patrick King
- Get the audiobook on Audible at https://bit.ly/BetterSmallTalk
- Show notes and/or episode transcripts are available at https://bit.ly/social-skills-shownotes
- Learn more or get a free mini-book on conversation tactics at https://bit.ly/pkconsulting
- For narration information visit Russell Newton at https://bit.ly/VoW-home
- For production information visit Newton Media Group LLC at https://bit.ly/newtonmg
- #HPM #EDR #HPM #RussellNewton #NewtonMG #BetterSmallTalk #HelpfulAcronyms #PatrickKing #PatrickKingConsulting #SocialSkillsCoaching