• Study findings shared in Wiseman’s book The Luck Factor point to four factors that are responsible for a mindset most prone to luck. While these attitudes and traits don’t literally cause luck in themselves, they do lay the groundwork and make us more able to capitalize on luck when it comes our way.
• The first factor is openness to new experiences, which means being aware and perceptive of lucky turns and emerging events in your environment, rather than shut out to novel possibilities. We can increase this factor in ourselves by practicing non-judgment and heightened awareness during meditation.
• The second factor is to listen to your gut and follow intuitions rather than getting bogged down in self-doubt, second guessing and analysis paralysis. We can improve this factor by building our self-trust. By spending time alone to figure out your own thoughts rather than become overwhelmed by other people’s, you can develop confidence in your own appraisals.
• The third factor is to harbor positive expectations, i.e., believing that good things will come. This will build the grit and resilience needed for luck to find you. This can be developed by creating a gratitude or luck journal, to shift your focus onto the positive and train your brain to expect good things.
• The fourth factor is the ability to reframe “bad” luck as good luck. Luckiness is a question of perception, and we can reinterpret seemingly unfortunate events by adopting a growth mindset. This will allow us to see the lesson in mistakes, employ counterfactual thinking and accept the hidden value in any outcome.
• With the above factors in place, we can not only notice luck around us more easily, but we can start to create the conditions for its unfolding.
Get the audiobook on Audible
Show notes and/or episode transcripts are available at https://bit.ly/self-growth-home
#AnalysisParalysis #BadLuck #BeingLucky #GoodLuck #LuckFactor #Luckiness #LuckJournal #LuckyMindset #UnfortunateEvents #Wisemans #Wiseman’SFourFactors #RussellNewton #NewtonMG #TheScienceofBeingLucky
Hear it Here
Check out the podcast for shownotes and/or the full transcript.