We know we should use self-discipline, just like we know we should budget more wisely, or eat more healthy. But just because we know about something doesn’t mean we know how to do it.
The audiobook Legendary Self-Discipline on Audible teaches you tough lessons in clear ways. Want to learn to resist distraction, push through your pain, and embrace a life of hardship yet ultimate fulfillment? The ancient Greeks were onto something. Not only that – we’ll dive into a few more modern role models to emulate, and understand how we can cope with the difficulties of life, yet never stop and keep on going.
This book imparts a multitude of lessons in two sections. The first section is on mythology and seeing willpower and great hardship play out – this allows you to understand the best mindset. The second section is on real-life titans of self-discipline and perseverance – this shows you what is truly possible.
How to keep going when the going gets tough.Peter Hollins has studied psychology and peak human performance for over a dozen years and is a bestselling author. He has worked with a multitude of individuals to unlock their potential and path towards success. His writing draws on his academic, coaching, and research experience.
Learn the willpower lessons that have withstood the test of time.Pandora’s Box, the 12 labors of Hercules, the story of Arete and Kakia, Icarus and Daedalus, and many more tales to capture your imagination and motivate you to be better. Plus, well-known modern figures such as Victor Frankl, Stephen King, Thomas Edison, and Benjamin Franklin.
Identify the tiny changes you can make for huge results in your life.Many times, what we want is not complex. You might even call it simple. Yet, it is rarely easy. And that’s because self-discipline holds us back. Our habits, addictions, and limited comfort zone control us. But that’s no way to live. Take inspiration from heroes of old and present-day warriors.
- Get the audiobook on Audible (https://www.audible.com/pd/B08BDWLL3Z/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWU-BK-ACX0-202133&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_202133_pd_us)
- Visit or subscribe to the Voice over Work podcast on Captivate.fm at https://bit.ly/VoiceOverWork-home (https://bit.ly/VoiceOverWork-home)
- Show notes and/or episode transcripts are available at https://bit.ly/VoiceOverWork-shownotes (https://bit.ly/social-skills-shownotes)
- For narration information, contact Russell Newton at https://bit.ly/VoW-home
- For production information, visit Newton Media Group LLC at https://bit.ly/newtonmg (https://bit.ly/newtonmg)