How to Expand Your Mental Horizons, Understand Metacognition, Improve Your Curiosity, and Think Like a Philosopher (Clear Thinking and Fast Action Book 5) By Patrick King
Get the audiobook at https://adbl.co/3dY5vcJ
Subscribe to the podcast at https://bit.ly/31N34Hx
For production info, visit https://bit.ly/VoW-home
Use the mental tools that the world’s greatest thinkers used to generate epiphanies, explore the world, and hone their reasoning.
In traditional education, you’re taught to recite and regurgitate. Going a step farther, you might learn some critical thinking skills. But what about applying them in the most audacious, fascinating, and inquisitive ways possible with thought experiments?
Philosophical and exploratory thinking pushes your boundaries and opens new worlds.
Learn to Think Using Thought Experiments is about how to analyze, perceive, and interact with information and situations – all in your mind and imagination. It poses a hypothetical and forces you to engage it and answer questions and reason through arguments you’ve never known. This book will confuse, frustrate, and ultimately improve your thinking prowess like nothing else, on account of being thrown into the mental deep end. Challenge yourself and you will grow.
Improve critical thinking by applying it in innovative and novel ways.
Patrick King is an internationally bestselling author and social skills coach. His writing draws on a variety of sources, from scientific research, academic experience, coaching, and real-life experience.
Become more naturally curious, inquisitive, and Sherlock Holmes-like.
– The curious case of two cats and what they teach us about uncertainty.
– What choosing between 1 and 5 people says about you.
– Why this entire world might just be a dream or simulation.
– What a javelin has to do with infinite.
– How Zeno’s tortoise represents the point where reality and numbers diverge.
– How Chinese logicians, beetles, fish, and monkeys demonstrate different angles of reality and perception.
Learn to thrive in uncertain situations and contemplate more thoroughly and deeply.
Thought experiments are a classic tool that everyone can use, and they enable us to explore more abstract situations and reason through them. Master thought experiments and you can master simply dealing with difficult, uncertain, impossible, or confusing questions and situations.
Use the same models and tools that Einstein, Plato, Socrates, Galileo, and Lao-tzu used – and see your thinking prowess grow exponentially.
This is the fifth book in the “Clear Thinking and Fast Action” series as listed below:
1. The Science of Getting Started: How to Beat Procrastination, Summon Productivity, and Stop Self-Sabotage
2. The Art of Clear Thinking: Mental Models for Better Reasoning, Judgment, Analysis, and Learning. Upgrade Your Intellectual Toolkit.
3. 10-Minute Philosophy: From Buddhism to Stoicism, Confucius and Aristotle – Bite-Sized Wisdom From Some of History’s Greatest Thinkers
4. Practical Intelligence: How to Think Critically, Deconstruct Situations, Analyze Deeply, and Never Be Fooled
5. Learn To Think Using Thought Experiments: How to Expand Your Mental Horizons, Understand Metacognition, Improve Your Curiosity, and Think Like a Philosopher
6. Take Rapid Action: Get Productive, Motivated, & Energized; Stop Overthinking & Procrastinating
7. Relentless Focus: 27 Small Tweaks to Beat Procrastination, Skyrocket Productivity, Outsmart Distractions, & Do More in Less Time